Paprika Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
A few years ago I came across this recipe on Pinterest. Instead of being a Pinterest fail, it turned out to be a Pinterest success! Paprika chicken and spinach with white wine, thyme, butter sauce is something I’ve made many times. It calls for just a few ingredients, most of which I’ve got on hand in my kitchen. This recipe serves 2. It doubles quite easily for a larger group.
Paprika Chicken is a perfect example of using basic, high quality ingredients to turn out a delicious dish every time. Spend a few more bucks and use smoked paprika instead of regular spanish paprika. It gives it an amazing smokey flavor. I chose a Sauvignon Blanc for the sauce that I later enjoyed with the meal. Unfortunately I thought I had fresh thyme in the fridge, but when I pulled it out it was past prime. So I had to substitute dried thyme. This will not be an issue when the weather warms up, as I always have a pot of herbs growing on my back porch.
Cauliflower Rice with Parmesan
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin oil oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Using a sturdy knife, remove cauliflower florets – discard thick stems
- Place half of the cauliflower in food processor fitted with steel blade. If you don’t have a food processor you can use the large openings on a box grater and grate by hand.
- Pulse processor until you have small, rice size pieces of cauliflower.
- Transfer first batch to a microwave safe bowl. Process the remaining cauliflower and add to bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, olive oil and parmesan cheese. Stir.
- Microwave on high for 3 more minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve as a substitute for regular rice.